Question: How do I select the right contractor?
- Look for an established company that has a reputation for doing good work at a reasonable price.
- Ask for references and check at least one of them.
- Call the Better Busnness Bureau and ask for a report.
- Ask for license numbers and check with the state for complaints.
- Ask for a certnficate of insurance for both liability and workers compensation coverage.
- Proposals should be detailed, in writing, and contain all cost information.
- Make little or no down payment. A legitimate contractor does not need money for material.
- Use common sense! If the contractor shows up in a beat-up truck, filthy clothes, and gives you a sloppy proposal, do you really expect quality work?
Question: What should I expect during my roof replacement?
- Materials may be delivered in advance by the material supplier up onto your roof or next to your house.
- There will be a trailer for debris hauling in your driveway for the duration of the work. This is the type towed behind a truck, not a metal roll-off dumpster.
- The job will often be completed in one day, but may take one or two additional days depending on size, complexity and weather conditions.
- Access to an electrical outiet is required.
- Dust and minor debris will fall into the attic of the house and garage. You should cover or remove items as needed.
- It is not uncommon for vibrations on the roof to knock objects off walls and ceilings where those objects are not securely fastened. If in doubt, remove anything valuable before the work begins.
- There will be moderate noise in the house from the work. Most pets and some people are sensitive to this and may not want to be home.
- Working hours are between dawn and dusk, depending on the season and weather conditions.
- If you will need to get your car out of the garage, it would be a good idea to have it out prior to the start of work each day. Also, all cars should be moved out of the driveway to avoid possible damage.
- This can be a messy process! A minor clean-up is done at the end of each day and a final, overall clean-up is done upon completion, including roller magnets to pick-up stray nails.
- lf you have any questions or concerns before, during or after the job – please call us so we can answer them.
- Your complete and total satisfaction is our goal!